Monday, June 9, 2008

Thing #2

The 7 1/2 habits was an intersting presentation. The habits that I come by easily are play and teach/mentor others. Despite all the things we must accomplish in a school year I try to add play to our activities. It has been my experience that people, especially children, learn well while playing. I love teaching about nature. I spend my summers teaching at the Houston Arboretum. We incorporate play into most every day. Today at camp we played an adaptation of red light, green light that helped the children learn the four basic need of living things. Play I can do!

The habit that is the hardest for me is probably beginning with the end in mind. It isn't that I don't think of a goal, but rather that my goal is so lofty that it sometimes overwhelming to begin. What I have to do is make sure that I have broken down the goal so that I can indeed achieve it. It may also be that I give myself an unattainable timeline. I often pile way too much on my plate and have to step back and rethink my goals and how soon I need to get there!

1 comment:

Blue Eyes blogging said...

I can relate to your statement about finding it hard to keep the end in mind. You state it might be due to having lofty goals, and this is true. Another factor might be that as you work towards the goal, you have new information which slightly alters the original goal. Just a thought.