Monday, June 16, 2008

Thing #6


There are so many interesting ideas that I would have never thought of doing. It sure makes it easier when someone else invents the wheel!


I liked the idea of the magazine cover. It might be fun to use with our famous Texans project or with any biography project. You could also incoporate it into many group projects. Last year we did a project on different types of energy resources. The magazine cover would be a great way for students to put their headlines into a fun format.


The trading cards also were fun. I made the one shown here since I'm thinking first anniversary. Maybe this will be my husband's paper anniversary gift! Trading cards could also be used for many different projects. You could do predator and prey cards and even create a game with them. Perhaps something al la Yu-Gi-Oh with battles between predator and prey.


The mashups definitely gave me some other creative ideas for project presenations.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness you are on my team! Great idea about the predator and prey cards. We have some from AIMS that could easily be converted too--at the very least we could use them as a template to tell the kids what should be on theirs.

Texas Library Lady said...

I love the idea of the trading card for your paper gift for your first anniversary, very creative.

There are so many great ideas for using the trading cards in the classroom...you could even incorporate your famous Texans project into the trading cards. I think it would be great to see historical figures on cards similar to baseball cards. It would be more fun for the students to incorporate their research into something like magazine covers and trading cards into a final project.