Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing #9

Still not a believer in the RSS. I used the technorati and the bloglines searches and still didn't find anything that really interested me. I did like the cool cat teacher blog about finding a circle of the wise. It sounds like a wonderful idea and it's true some of the people blogging will be the "great ones" of our time. However, I still don't want to spend my spare moments on the computer. I'm a believer in the outdoors. I want to spend my moments outside watching the birds and the squirrels. Or planting flowers. Or taking a walk. In the heat of the day it's great to have something else to do inside, hence taking this online class, but when it cools down I'm ready to be out again. Even when it's hot I'd rather watch from my window than sit at a screen.

Someday I may find a blog I'm really interested in -- perhaps something about someone's nature trips. When I hit that wonderful orange button it puts it in my internet explore favorites. Then I can read the blogs I want when I want instead of having all the new stuff bombard me. For me all those pages are serious sensory overload. Once again I'm sure there are scores of you out there who will disagree with me. You are welcome to try to convince me, but for now I'm headed outside.

5 comments:

A Special Kind Of Teacher..... said...

Try not to get to frustrated with RSS feeds. I found that using the feeds on a google reader, you are actually using time more efficiently and thus can spend more time doing other things (like being outside). If you have any questions feel free to ask.

DR Trivial Pursuits said...

I agree that all that information can be overwhelming. I haven't had found a particular blog I'd like to get feeds from all the time.
I've been spending so much time on the computer looking for things for my new house that my eyes are weary by the end of the day. But, at least I'm not sitting in the hot Houston traffic burning gas while I'm doing it!

Anonymous said...

I am with you. There are better things to do than sit at a computer all day. And the only reason I am writing right now is I have just come in from a walk and I am trying to cool down.

Miss Lee said...

I agree completely that it's wonderful to be outside and immerse yourself in all that the "outside" world has to offer. However, I'm a huge lover of blogs. I read them like I would read the paper or watch the news. I love using Google Reader to manage blogs... then I only have to go 1 place per day. :)

skippyjohn jones said...

I think what you should take away is not the frustration or the lack of time to do what you enjoy but the experience of understanding how the children who will be ruling the world think. I too may never be a blogger. Although I confess, I love giving my opinions about everything to others. I have come to appreciate the overwhelming feeling the kids have for all the meaningless facts we give them. Just a thought from a ranter...