Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing #8

I was very frustrated setting up my Google reader. I would try to subscribe, but the add button did nothing. I ended up pasting the addresses and was able to subscribe, but then reading all that came in was less than fun. As I have not been a blog reader in the past I tried searching for blogs I might find interesting. I found a few that sounded interesting but then weren't really. One wasn't at all what it said it was and I have been unable as yet to delete it from my list. I guess I've never really been a news junkie anyway. I enjoy the ability to look something up on the internet at a moments notice, but I also have the patience to wait until I can get home or get to a library. My husband would probably love the RSS because he wants to know things right the minute he wonders them. He's the type who has the cell phone with internet capability. I really don't want to sit at a computer all day and read a bunch of useless stuff to find a kernel that is intersting. I honestly don't see any reason why I would need or use an RSS. I don't see that it would be useful to me in teaching or in my daily life. I'm sure someone -- probably many -- will disagree with me and that's just fine.

No comments: