Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing #12

What interested me most about these articles was how much they were basically reminding people to be decent human beings. So much on the internet can become removed from humanity when people are able to be anonymous or simply never really meet each other. I've viewed blogging negatively in that it allowed people to comment without knowing each other or perhaps caring about others. Knowing that there is etiquette involved makes me feel better. I'm glad to know that bloggers believe that others should still be respectful no matter their anonymity.

The one blog I was familiar with before I began the 23 things was a friend who uses her blog to basically rant. To me it was just her outlet, I never considered that as a writer she really does want to have comments.

I'm not sure that I will ever be a blogger or even ever be someone who reads many blogs, my RSS has remained unread; however, now I can see more of the benefits of blogs. I'm going to try again to find a blog on a topic that interests me. There's bound to be one out there!

I read and commented on some blogs from fellow players. I was mainly looking at what people said about Thing #12. There were some who had successfully used Google blog search so I gave it a go. As with most Google searchs there were so many options that I was a tad overwhelmed. Nothing just hit me as what I wanted. Then I asked a friend if he knew any good blogs. He sugggested searching the Chronicle because the columnists have blogs. I happen to love reading Leon Hale, but usually don't because I don't have a subscription and forget to look on-line. Now I have him on my Google Reader. Perhaps I'll use it after all! I also searched the npr website I was hoping to find a blog from the Car Talk guys, but haven't yet. I did find a gardening one though so I am hopeful. I have yet to comment on either of these blogs, but I intend to when I actually have something to say.

1 comment:

Miss Lee said...

I comment, even when I DON'T have something to say. As you mentioned, bloggers love comments. It's great to know that people are out there reading your stuff. So glad you found Leon Hale and what a great idea to keep up with our favorite columnists!