Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing #18

I've actually used Google Documents. I didn't remember doing it but we used it when I was trying to work at home and then send something that was too big for the email. It was a great way to open documents on different computers. It's also great for sharing documents. It doesn't bog down the email system.

I tried downloading the Open Office, but it was taking way too long. Plus I've added so much extra stuff to my computer I wasn't that willing to keep adding.

Google Documents and from what I understand Open Office are just as easy to use as the Microsoft programs. The benefit to Google documents I think comes in the easy availablility on several computers and the ability to share documents. Open Office the major advantage is the cost. My computer came with all the programs so for me I have what I need.

I would think that many institutions would be looking to moving to Open Office. With the high cost of everything this would be one place to save.

No comments: