Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing #17

Wow, another site I actually find useful. That's two in a row.

It's true that when you send kids to research they often spend way too much time sifting through all the stuff they get. My fourth graders love to try to type in whatever they are looking for plus .com in the hopes that there will be a website. Or they go to ask.com and type in a long question. Using rollyo will make using a search ending more useful. When we do Texas History research for famous Texans and towns, rather than giving them a list of websites we can create a searchroll to be used by the entire fourth grade. I love it!

As a teacher I'll need to have the sites up front, but once I've got them how much more helpful to the students than yahoo or ask.

I created a searchroll for Texas history.

Powered by Rollyo
Then I decided to search for the Fredonian Revolt just for fun.

No comments: