Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #14

Technorati seems like a useful tool. As with most things on the web it has so much stuff that for me it is too much. However, I did find it a useful way to search blogs. The searches in blogs versus in tags gave different results. When I searched School Library Learning 2.0 in tags it showed much more useful information than when I did it just in blogs. I also found this to be true when I searched a topic of interest to me -- nature education. I can see where tags can be a helpful tool in finding the information you want.

I will admit that I am still not an avid blog reader. However, I like the lists that technorati provides. It gives places to start if I do want to look for more blogs. I am used to googling when I want to find information. Technorati offers another way to search for this information. Especially if what you are wanting isn't so much fact as ideas. I am beginning to see the draw to blogs, just not completely ready to submit.

No comments: