Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing #16

I have a new appreciation for wikis especially after watching the Commoncraft video. My only experience with a wiki was wikipedia. I always remind students that anyone can add to the site so they need to make sure they verify their information. Having watched the video I can now see how a wiki could be very valuable for group work. I haven't figured out all the details or how I will implement this, but I think that it would be a great way for book groups to share their information. The 10th grade example that was shown gave me some ideas, but I'll need to tweak it for fourth grade. This is definitely something I will consider for the upcoming school year.

Adding to the library wiki was very easy. I'm sure my fourth graders would be even more adept than I am.

No comments: